The Request feature in HotSchedules gives users the ability to request to work in addition to requesting days off. Then your managers will be able to see this request to work specific shifts or dates when they are writing the schedule. A request does not guarantee that you will receive this shift. The final decision still belongs to the scheduling manager.
Note: this article describes how to use the Request feature within HotSchedules. There is additional documentation for the alternative feature (Time Off).
Follow these steps to request to work:
- Navigate to the Home tab of your HotSchedules account.
- Select the Requests sublink.
- Select the button titled Add Request.
- This will populate the My Toolbar options on the left side of the screen.
- Adjust the starting date and ending date to reflect the date(s) you would like to request to work.
- Select the Request to Work option.
- Select the shifts during that dates that you are requesting (ex. lunch or dinner).
- It is optional to enter a reason for the request.
- Select the Make Request button.