Employees have the ability to try to pick up any available shifts. Follow the instructions below to view available shifts and attempt to pick them up on HotSchedules.
Remember: You will only see shifts that the system considers you available to potentially work. You cannot be working another shift in the same day part, and you must have the job code for the shift. For example, if your manager has only assigned you the server job code, you will not see bartender shifts that are available for pickup until you are assigned the bartender job code.
Follow these steps to pickup available shifts:
- On the Home tab, you will see your schedule listed under My Plate.
- If there is a shift available on a day you are not working, you will see a Pickup Shift link.
- Click Pickup Shift to see the details for the available shift(s).
- If you would like to work that shift, you have the option to enter a Pickup Reason and then select Pickup Shift to the right of the shift details.
- Your schedule will show **Shifts Pending Approval** for that day now.
- A notification will be sent to the manager to approve or deny your pickup request.
- You will receive a message with their decision on HotSchedules. You will also receive an email or text if you have those options configured on the account.