A Labor Budget is a customizable numerical chart in HotSchedules. It lists the job codes used on your site, and it is used to budget labor by days of the week. Whether you choose to budget by hours or by labor percent, you can create a default labor budget that can be copied from week to week. Once your labor budget has been created, you can use the budget comparison tool in the scheduler to compare it to your scheduled shifts.
Note: When using the budget comparison tool in the scheduler, there must always be projected sales on your HotSchedules site so that the labor percentages you have budgeted have data to calculate against. This can be done by manually entering your projections for the week on the Labor Proforma II report or by saving your forecast after it has been generated.
Follow these steps to create a default labor budget:
- Log into your HotSchedules account and navigate to the Forecasting tab.
- Select the Labor Budget sublink.
- This will generate the default labor budget chart.
- Your job codes will be listed on the left side of the chart, and the days of the week will be across the top.
- To change the budget type, click the Budget Types drop down menu. This will display different budget types for you to choose from.
- To input data into the default labor budget, simply click on the corresponding cell for the day and job code you wish to budget for. Clicking the cell will highlight its contents in blue. You can start typing to input data.
- To adjust for the AM and PM day parts separately, select the plus sign (+) above the list of job codes.
- If you would like to hide certain job codes on the labor budget, select the show/hide jobs.
- To save your budget, click Post Budgets.
If your budget is posted, you will be able to use the Budget Comparison tool in the scheduler to compare what was scheduled with what was posted on the budget. Click here to learn more about the Budget Comparison tool in the scheduler.
Labor Budget Tool - Download QuickGuide
Labor Budget Tool - Setup Tips - Download QuickGuide