A video guide for this article can be accessed here.
The View drop-down has been preserved but is now presented in a new layout and view. Templates and Set Shifts now have their own sections in the Manage drop-down.
Fig.1 - View Dropdown - Classic Version
Fig.2 - View Dropdown - 2023 Version
Download Schedule PDF
The downloadable PDF allows users to download the schedule for all departments they have access to.
- In the Schedule, navigate to the week to download
- Use the View drop-down and select Download Schedule PDF
Fig.3 – Download Schedule button
The data displayed will be for the schedule week for the date currently being viewed. The default downloadable schedule view will be All Roles – see Fig.4.
Fig.4- Downloadable schedule default view
- To filter the downloadable schedule by job role, select the job role from the drop-down
If job roles are filtered when downloading the schedule, it will only display the selected job roles.
If selecting more than one department the All Roles filter is disabled.
Contractor Shifts are displayed at the bottom of the schedule – see Fig.5.
Fig.5 – Contractor shifts
Employee shifts are displayed in the following format - “[Job Role Symbol] Shift Start Time – Shift End Time” – see Fig.6.
Contractor shifts are displayed in the following format - “[Number of Contractor Employees]” [Job Role Symbol] Shift Start Time – Shift End Time” – also see Fig.6.
Fig.6 – Employee and Contractor shift display
Selecting Multiple Departments
Multiple departments can be downloaded at the same time.
- Select additional departments from the department drop-down - the list of available departments will be based on the user’s department access
- All Departments will select all which the user has access to
If all departments are scheduled together and displayed as one on the scheduling page, the Department drop-down will be hidden and all employees will be displayed in the order of the schedule page.
The selected departments will be displayed onscreen and included in the PDF download. The department to which the user is logged in cannot be deselected - it is greyed out.
Fig.7 – Select Departments
PDF Schedule Actions
There are four different options that can be applied to the downloadable schedule:
- Show Signature Column – adds a column to the downloadable schedule titled “Signature”, so that employees can physically sign the schedule when printed out – see Fig.9
- Show Total Hrs by Employee – adds a column to the downloadable schedule called “Total Hrs”, displaying the total hours (excluding breaks) that the employee is scheduled for in that job role, for that schedule week - see Fig.10
- Blank Version - downloads a blank schedule for all employees in that department - see Fig.11
- Display Shift Notes - adds any notes that have been made against the shift - see Fig.12
These three options can be used individually or combined to suit requirements.
Fig.8 – Downloadable schedule actions
Fig.9 – Show Signature Column
Fig.10 – Show Total Hrs by Employee
Fig.11 – Blank Version
Fig.12 – Display Shift Notes
Passive Hours Report
New Functionality - Passive Hours
All users can view the Passive Hours reporting but only users with access to view costs on the schedule will be able to view the Passive Hours costs. Users without permission to view costs will be able to view passive hours by reason code only.
- Go to Scheduling > Actions > Passive Hours
Fig.13- Accessing the Passive Hours Report
The report will be displayed.
- To see the days of the scheduling week, expand the Department drop-down (see Fig.14)
Fig.14 Passive Hours Report
- To drill down into more granular data (per day), expand a specific day of the week
The report will then show Passive Hours by Passive Shift Reason Code (see Fig.15).
Fig.15 - Passive Hours Report Day Expanded
Fig.16 - Passive Hours Report Reason Code Expanded
Please note: Passive costs are calculated on basic pay only. The system will calculate an hourly rate per employee and multiply this by the number of passive hours.
The Load Analysis option will take the user to the UK HR & Payroll Analysis page. The functionality here has been preserved.
- To go back to the schedule week from here, select Return to Schedule
- If using Fourth's UK HR & Payroll system alongside Scheduling, there will be an option to Download Schedule PDF, which will download a PDF copy of the schedule and return the user to the scheduled week
Fig 18. Analysis Page - 2023 Version