Once a schedule week has been created it can be approved according to business practices. Schedules must be approved to enable payroll submission at the end of the week. For a schedule to be approved it must of course first be created on the system - see Scheduling for guidance.
This article explains how to prepare a schedule so that it's ready to be approved.
- Select the Schedule tab from the homepage and then the Change button
- In the Schedule Status Change pop-up tck the forecast (Fcst) boxes above each day to mark the schedule ready for review
The schedule status tag will update to "Ready to Review".
Fig.1 - Ticking Forecast (Fcst) boxes
Once all seven days are ticked, the schedule will show that it is ready for approval or rejection.
Rejected Schedules and Approval
Any rejected schedules must first be approved before they can be submitted to payroll.
- To check for rejected schedules, select the bell notification icon next to the location drop-down
Fig.2- Navigating to the Notifications area
- Where a schedule has been rejected or approved, select the notification to see if any notes have been added
Fig.3 - Viewing rejection notifications
- Make amendments to the schedule, based on the notes in the rejection notification
The actual approval of schedules will typically be carried out by a member of the business with an advanced level of access.
Fig.4 - Snapshot of schedule cost
- The Analysis Report can be run to support the scheduling and approval process. The report breaks down the wage cost within the location for that week and can help gain a better understanding of the financial elements of the schedule
- The Analysis Report can be run on a granular level by the department and for individual employees.
- The schedule can be printed with or without employee hours, by department, or blank