Pay Impacts, also known as break penalties, can be used as a pay structure for employees who miss or clock in early from their break or meal. These pay impacts will display under a special pay column in payroll exports and the employee hours report on HotSchedules.
Pay impacts are used with Meal & Break Planning rule sets. If you are not sure how to create a rule set, or would like to learn more about Meal & Break planning, go here.
Follow these steps to set up a Pay Impact:
- Log into your Hotschedules above store console account and hover over the Configure tab. Select the option that says Meal & Break planning.
- Choose a rule set that you would like to create a pay impact for.
- On the rule set page, select Pay Impact. This will open a menu where you can set up the type of break penalties you would like to use for that rule set.
A - Here you can choose if the penalties will affect rules with a Meal type.
B - Hours multiplied by staff rate will look at the pay rate of the employee who missed their break and multiply it against the hours specified. For example, using the setup in the screenshot, if an employee making 10.00 dollars an hour were to miss their meal, they would be given an extra 10 dollars.
C - Flat Fee will be a specific amount paid to an employee. For example, if the flat fee was 20, an employee will be paid 20 dollars anytime that they miss a break or meal.
D - Like the meal area in A, you can choose whether or not you would like the penalties to affect rules with the Break type.
To save your pay impact, select Apply. You can disable pay impacts for a rule set by turning the penalties off for both Meal and Break.
Pay Impacts will display on the following reports as Special Pay:
1) Employee Hours Report (located in the Labor Analysis section of the Reporting tab within HotSchedules)
2) Above Store ADP Export
3) Above Store PayControl Detail Report
4) Above Store PayControl Summary Report
5) Above Store PayControl Timecard Export