If you have access to PayControl or use WebClock, you can take advantage of Punch Records. Once labor for a day has been received, you can either edit existing punch records, or create a new one from scratch.
Punch Records are found in the Staff tab, under the Punch Records sub-tab.
A. Use the arrows or click the dates to navigate to the correct time frame. Clicking Date Range in the drop-down menu will allow you to select date ranges outside those listed.
B. Click More, and then Filter to reveal search and filter options. In addition, clicking Review Punches will allow you to examine and approve punch exceptions.
C. Use the All Jobs drop-down to filter the list by jobs. Search for specific individuals by clicking Search, and typing in their name.
D. Sort the columns by clicking a column header.
E. Click any name in the list to view their punch records for that time frame.
F. Click ADD to create a new punch record.
Adding Punch Records
After clicking the ADD button, a window will appear. Use the drop-down menus, and calendar and time picker tools to provide the appropriate information. If your store uses Meal Break Planning, you can add and adjust breaks. Finally, you can add or adjust declared tips.
Save when finished.
Viewing and Editing Existing Punch Records
Use the arrows on top of the page to navigate forward and backward in time.
Click any name in the list to view their Punch Records within that time frame.
- The date and time of the Punch. Clicking the date will bring up the Punch to edit, if needed.
The number of exceptions encountered in this Punch.
- The number of Meals and/or breaks encountered in this Punch.
(Meal & Break Planning Only)
- The total hours of the Punch.
- How many edits were made to the Punch
- Click the trash icon to delete a punch entirely. Also, if Meal and Break Planning is used, click the arrow to reveal the meals and/or breaks for the Punch.
- A checkmark signifies the punch has been reviewed. A lock signifies that the Punch has been locked. A Punch Record will be locked to edits if its pay period has already concluded. Please note that with the proper permissions, one can adjust locked punches.
Click History to view all edits to a Punch Card.
Reviewing Punch Record Exceptions
To review punch exceptions, click More, and then select Review Punches.
Here you will see the aggregated punch data for that pay period, as well as any exceptions that were triggered, based on your exception rules. You can view and edit them, as needed.
When finished, click Mark Reviewed.