HotSchedules users that have access to Time & Attendance or use WebClock will be able to take advantage of Punch Records. Once labor for a day has been received, users can either edit a particular Punch Record or create a new one from scratch. The article below will help you become familiar with the new Punch Records interface and how it works.
To access the punch edits screen follow these steps:
- Log into your HotSchedules account and hover over the staff tab. This will reveal an option called Punch Records. To go to the Punch Records screen, click this option.
- On the Punch Records page you can move weeks by clicking the forward facing and back facing arrows. Please note that you cannot move past the current pay period you are in.
- Clicking on the date range itself will open a menu where you can select any previous pay periods. To choose a specific period of time outside of the ones listed, click Date Range.
Tools available in the Punch Record UI
- There will also be different tools that you can use on the Punch Record screen. These tools will be located in the top right hand corner of the Punch Record page.
- The first tool will be the search tool. Clicking on the magnifying glass will allow you to search through all of the employees in the date range or pay period you are viewing.
- To the right of the search tool will be the filter tool. Selecting this will allow you to apply a job code filter and specify whether or not you want to see edited punches only.
- The last tool available will be the expand tool. Clicking on this option will expand the punch record UI to cover your entire browser page.
Viewing Meals and Breaks for a Punch Record
- Sites that use Meal and Break Planning will have the ability to add a meal or break to punch records in Hotschedules. To view a meal or break associated with a punch record, click the arrow located on the right side of the punch record.
- This will display the break type and when it was taken.
To learn more about the new punch record layout, refer to the articles below: