While working in the scheduler, you may find that you need to keep track of daily occurrences, message a specific employee or all scheduled staff. Here are 3 tools that will help you achieve that.
Day Notes are a great way to keep track of daily occurrences! Allowing you to not only view previous notes written by other managers, but also write your own.
To add a day note on the scheduler, follow these steps:
- Log into your Hotschedules account and go to the Scheduling tab. Once you are on the schedule, select the week you would like to add a note to.
- On the scheduler, each day will have a column header with a speech bubble inside of it. To create a day note, find the day you would like to make it for and click the speech bubble.
- This will open a menu where you can view any previous notes that have been created for that day. To create a new note, click Add Note.
- Any day that has a note assigned to it will have a green speech bubble. You can view the day notes by clicking the green speech bubble.
- While viewing a day note, you will have the ability to edit (if you are the creator) or delete the day note. To see these options, click the day you would like to view and hover over the day note in question.
Day Notes can also be found in the following reports:
- The roster report in the scheduler will have a Day Note option that can be checked off. Selecting this will show any day notes for the day you are on.
- An option to show Day Notes can also be found on the Extended Schedule Report.
While working in the scheduler, you may find that you need to send a message to a particular employee. The scheduler allows you to do so. Follow these steps to do it.
- All of your employees will be listed on the left side of the scheduler. From here, find the employee you would like to message and click on their name.
- Doing so will display a menu with some of the employee's information listed. In this window will be a button that says Send Message.
- To send a message to the selected employee, click this button.
Message Scheduled Staff
While working on the schedule, you may find that there are times when you need to message all of your scheduled staff members.
From the menu, select the option that says Message Scheduled Staff.
This will open a menu where you can specify the date, subject line, and body of your message. Employees that are scheduled for the date specified will be the ones that receive the message.