While working in the scheduler, you may find that you need to keep track of daily occurrences. Day Notes are a great way to do this! Allowing you to not only view previous notes written by other managers, but also write your own. Please note that at this time, there is no way to delete Day Notes.
To add a day note on the scheduler, follow these steps:
- Log into your Hotschedules account and go to the Scheduling tab. Once you are on the schedule, select the week you would like to add a note to.
- On the scheduler, each day will have a column header with a speech bubble inside of it. To create a day note, find the day you would like to make it for and click the speech bubble.
- This will open a menu where you can view any previous notes that have been created for that day. To create a new note, click Add Note.
- Any day that has a note assigned to it will have a green speech bubble. You can view the day notes by clicking the green speech bubble.
- While viewing a day note, you will have the ability to edit (if you are the creator) or delete the day note. To see these options, click the day you would like to view and hover over the day note in question.
Day Notes can also be found in the following reports:
- The roster report in the scheduler will have a Day Note option that can be checked off. Selecting this will show any day notes for the day you are on.
- An option to show Day Notes can also be found on the Extended Schedule Report.